Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Storage Backup Administrator/Computer Systems Analyst 4
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking an Computer Systems Analyst (Storage Backup Administrator) who will support several projects a large federal agency. These positions will be located in Woodlawn, MD.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Health Systems Management operating unit, which focuses on Healthcare IT solutions for our Federal, State, and Local government clients. The qualified candidate should also have strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills with a keen attention to detail.
The Storage Administrator will join a team responsible for ensuring data availability of an out of region facility that operates 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. Candidates should have good leadership skills, have project management experience and a good technical background in storage systems.
- Monitor and analyze existing storage capacity and performance demands for tape and virtual tape systems.
- Monitor and analyze workload growth trends and their impact on existing tape and virtual tape storage systems.
- Review mainframe virtual tape resources availability, media, and drives.
- Review mainframe backups and processes to ensure tape resources are available and project growth requirements meet batch window limitations.
- Provide active support in migrating data between data centers using Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) supported virtual tape replication techniques.
- Contact and involve the appropriate personnel to resolve all operational issues onsite.
- Monitor performance levels of large-scale storage and network systems to ensure system resource availability.
- Escalate and handoff to the appropriate personnel to resolve all operational issues onsite.
- Consult with and coordinate all operational components concerning the scheduling of systems time for multi-vendor remedial service or preventive maintenance, and critical system software testing.
- Work directly with vendors, software technicians, and facilities personnel as needed to resolve identified issues.
- Escalate incidents appropriately and assure troubleshooting continues to occur despite shift-changeover.
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
- Bachelor's degree and 7 years IT work experience or master's degree and 5 years of IT work experience. An additional 11 years of applied IT work experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- Must be a self-starter and able to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
- Must be proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- This position requires US Citizenship or Permanent Residency (Green Card holder) in order to obtain and maintain required Position of Public Trust clearance.
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Experience managing enterprise storage
- Understanding of EMC Disk Library for Mainframe (DLm) virtual tape systems
- Understanding of Oracle Virtual Storage Manager (VSM) virtual tape systems
- Knowledge of managing Oracle Virtual Library Extension (VLE)
- Experience with IBM System z mainframe and z/OS
- Experience with IBM z/OS Storage Management System (SMS)
- Experience with Batch Job, IBM z/OS Job Control Language (JCL)
- Experience using EMC Data Domain
- Experience with EMC VNX or EMC Unity
- Mainframe systems engineering documentation experience
- Experience with Mainframe backup and recovery using physical and logical tape and data replication
- BMC Mainview or Computer Associates Vantage SRM experience
- Experience using StreamLine SL8500s Library System
- Host Software Component/Storage Management Component (HSC/SMC) knowledge
- Working knowledge of Object Access Method (OAM)
- Experience with Computer Associates CA-1 tape management system, or catalog solution software
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.