Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Active Directory Support Specialist 1
- # of Openings
- Information Technology
- Job ID
OBXtek Inc. is an established, award-winning, service disabled veteran owned business providing information technology and professional management services to the federal government. Our corporate growth has coincided with our investment in our employees as well as in outreach to our civilian and military community.
OBXtek is hiring for an onsite Active Directory Support contractor to provide support for SSA's Enterprise Infrastructure.
In support of the task, the contractor shall perform the activities described in the sections below:
- Configure, maintain, and troubleshoot Windows Server software (including all currently supported by Microsoft)
- Configure, maintain, and troubleshoot all aspects of Active Directory such as AD DNS, Group Policy Objects, Organizational Unit Structures, Network level integration, Security implementation, and various support tools.
- Configure, maintain, and troubleshoot all aspects of networking services such as DHCP, WINS and KMS.
- Configure and troubleshoot server hardware related to the operation of SSA’s enterprise infrastructures.
- Configure, maintain and troubleshoot multiple network service environments to include labs, development, integration and production.
- Use the designated enterprise monitoring solution to devise, test, implement and maintain SSA’s enterprise infrastructures.
- Analyze, document and maintain the interaction of AD environment with integrated/agent applications such as Exchange, Blackberry (and other mobile devices), System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), SSA’s intranet environment as well as monitoring, resolution and backup software and various security software.
- Coordinate with those who hold technical responsibility for the applications/products listed above in the event of problems.
- Provide third-level support (including writing documentation) to problem records opened in Change, Asset and Problem Reporting System (CAPRS) by end-users and representatives.
- Write, test, implement and document scripts using Visual Basic Scripting (VBscript) and PowerShell to perform routine and repetitive tasks associated with AD configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting, and performance monitoring.
- Document solutions for preventive maintenance.
Requires minimum of 10 years technically related experience with the following:
- Active Directory (AD)
- Active Directory Tools Suite
- AD Domain Name Service (AD DNS)
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Windows Internet Name Service (WINS)
- Key Management Service (KMS)
- Windows Server 2012 and 2016
- Excellent customer service skills – will be assisting regional offices
NICE TO HAVE:
Experience in large Enterprise environment strongly preferred
Experience in supporting Virtualized Domain Controllers on multiple virtual platforms such as VMWare and or Hyper-V.
Experience with Azure a plus.
Note: Will participate in rotating on call schedule. Should also expect occasional off hours or weekend scheduled work
Headquartered in Tysons Corner, Virginia and founded in 2009, OBXtek is a fast-growing leader in the government contracting field. Our mission is Our People…Our Reputation. Our people are trained professionals who enhance our customers’ knowledge and innovation using technology, collaboration, and education.
We offer a robust suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, matching 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement plans and much more.
As a prime contractor for 93% of our current work, OBXtek pairs lessons learned across disciplines with industry standard quality practices such as CMMI-Dev Level III, ITIL, 6Sigma, PMI, and ISO. Our rapid growth has been recognized by INC500, the Washington Business Journal, and Washington Technology magazine.
OBXtek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.