Redner's Markets, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Prepared Food Clerk - West Dover
at Redner's Markets, Inc.
POSITION TITLE: Prepared Foods Clerk
DEPARTMENT: Prepared Foods
REPORTS TO: Food Service Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
To set up and maintain an attractive prepared foods department by proper displays and merchandising. Daily production determined by the Prepared Foods Manager. All objectives are designed to meet the needs of our guests all hours of the day and evening.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Verify and communicate the quality, count, and freshness of all products to the Prepared Foods Manager.
- Follow the “clean as you go” program to ensure a clean, sanitary environment.
- Assist with preparing all sandwiches and garden salads to the established expectation is relation to weight, overall presentation, and price.
- Prepare all orders to the guest’s satisfaction.
- To assist other food service associates on all special guest orders on party trays and platters.
- To assist with preparing all items within the salad bar, and pre-made garden salads. (Trimming, pricing, cooking)
- Cut and trim product for replenishing the salad bar area during the second shift.
- Maintain a neat and clean salad bar area in accordance to department and company standards.
- Maintain shelves and keep cases filled at all times.
- Control freshness by coding and rotating all prepared products and remove out-of-code product on a daily basis.
- Assist in preparation of hot foods and all other prepared food options.
- Enthusiastically promote and maintain new items and weekly promotions.
- Communicate temperature failure of cases and storage areas to manager in charge.
- Observe policies and procedures established for the department.
- Greet all guests and be observant to people in the store.
- Maintain a regular cleaning and sanitation program in compliance with store, local, and state health regulations.
- To assist with the maintenance and sanitation upkeep with the fryers. Including to but not limited to cleaning and routine changing of the fryer oil.
- Abide by all company policies as stated in the Employee Handbook.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Monitor inventory and supplies and notify Prepared Foods Manager when orders are due.
- Assist with unloading merchandise and transport stock to storage areas.
- To assist the deli with waiting on guests if the counter becomes busy.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1) Must have strong communication skills for dealing with guests and other employees.
2) Must have basic math skills for weighing and pricing products.
3) Must have dexterity in hands to enable slicing, chopping, and preparing all products available in the Food Service department.
4) Must be able to lift up to fifty (50) pounds up to twenty percent (20%) of the time.
5) Must be able to stand for long periods of time.