Redner's Markets, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Prepared Foods Manager - West Dover
at Redner's Markets, Inc.
POSITION TITLE: Food Service Manager
DEPARTMENT: Food Service
REPORTS TO: Store Director and Director of Food Service
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
To effectively direct and supervise all functions and activities of the Food Service Department to achieve maximum sales and profit goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Knowledge of merchandising techniques and “special events" within a food service setting.
- To oversee and execute all operation objects set forth for the Food Service department. The food service department will include all hot foods, salad bar, store made sandwiches and salads..
- Responsible for managing the budget and department expenses, sanitation, safety, regulatory compliance, menu development, preparation and service of food.
- Responsible to check and verify all Food Service department deliveries and invoices to ensure accurate billing from vendors.
- Responsible for maintain acceptable inventory levels to ensure the highest quality of freshness of all products.
- Meet profit objectives by controlling food, supply, and labor costs and maximizing sales potential through aggressive marketing and/or promotions while controlling shrink.
- Record, track, and maintain inventory levels of product used for food preparation. This includes conducting physical inventories each period.
- Responsible to help assist in unloading and transporting the prepared food merchandise to sales floor or storage areas.
- Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas. Assesses sanitation practices and establishes sanitary controls as required by the county and/or state health department and company policy.
- Handle damages and spoiled products according to company policies and procedures.
- Ensure favorable image with guests through a clean, attractive and friendly food preparation and serving by complying with sanitation, safety, and security company policies.
- Plan, develop, maintain, and execute food preparation tools essential to managing inventory and production while controlling shrink.
- Observe state and health department regulations pertaining to food safety and sanitation and to also maintain a housekeeping program to ensure a clean and orderly department.
- Ensure compliance to local, state, and government weights and measures, and food labeling laws.
- Effectively train and develop food preparation employees on programs, equipment function, and fundamental cooking principles. Supervise and schedule personnel to achieve highest quality of customer service.
- Abide by and enforce all company policies as stated in the Employee Handbook.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conducts regular departmental meetings for the entire staff to communicate plans, programs and policies, in order to teach, resolve problems, and seek suggestions for improvement.
- To oversee the prepared food department and assist in slicing and making prepared food trays when necessary.
- Assists in the hiring, training, appraisal, and discipline of the food service employees.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum 2 years’ prior experience in food service management, retail department management, guest relations, and/or customer service experience.
- Must have to ability to read and write to properly tag merchandise, order merchandise, and maintain an acceptable inventory level.
- Basic analytical and math skills necessary for interpreting invoices, gross profits, and labor percentages.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly and effectively resolve issues that arise with both staff and customers.
- Must have excellent oral and written communications skills for dealing with guests, employees, supervision, and vendors.
- Obtain/hold any local, state and/or county required food handling/sanitation licenses and/or certificates. ServSafe certification or comparable required.
- While performing the duties of this job, candidate will be required to stand for extended periods of time (2hrs ). Situations will require lifting, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling, occasionally having to lift objects up to, and possibly over, 50 pounds,
- Basic computer skills essential with heavy focus on Microsoft programs.
- Must be a vibrant and dynamic personality with a high level of enthusiasm and a sincere passion for working with people and food.