Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Storage and Virtualization Team Lead
POSITION TITLE: Storage and Virtualization Team Lead
- Oversees a Technical team that provides day to day operations by maintaining, managing, monitoring, and administering storage and virtualized server systems across multiple networks. - Responsible for making operational decisions within all VMware Suites associated with system/application activity and performance to ensure stability of the environment.
- Ensure that the VMware system is optimized for the utilization of SAN storage and resource allocation.
- Maintain the VDI infrastructure ensuring IAVA compliance by completing scheduled recomposes/refreshes
- Maintain VM snapshots
- Candidate must be able to adhere to adverse schedules due to the nature of the customer's missions
- Expertise planning, designing and leading a variety of complex project tasks applying knowledge of network protocols, architectures and configuration changes.
- Analyze data and provide reports and metrics as needed to support engineering requirements analysis and growth planning.
- Coordinate and assign all work through the use of designated ticketing system in use by the command.
- Expertise identifying, implementing and directing project based software or hardware upgrades while adhering to Change Management Processes.
- Other responsibilities include:
- Setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software, validating and implementing critical system patches, and allocating mass storage space.
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Assist in the implementation of policies and standards related to the use of computing resources, overall strategy, design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments, and related software.
- Schedules, plans, and oversees system upgrades.
- Develops functional requirements through interaction with end-users and coordinates with development team on systematic enhancements or changes.
- Reviews the efficiency and effectiveness of the process for controlling problems.
- Performs a variety of difficult assignments associated with monitoring and controlling computer operating systems.
- Analyzes system faults and troubleshoots and runs diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect problems.
- Evaluates and installs developed software during various phases of testing.
- Reviews and prepares documentation for systems, tests and installation of software.
- Investigates and recommends methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Initiates preventive maintenance on the operating systems as well as repair to system/environment problems.
- Administers systems/environment solutions for multiple projects with varying schedules.
- Interfaces with vendors for trouble calls.
- Supports the planning of system/environment requirements for individual projects.
- Producing management information related to problem management.
- Allocating resources to support efforts related to problem management.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of error control and making recommendations for improving.
- Ensuring problems are escalated and tracked at the proper priority level.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT:
- Supervises experienced specialist employees who exercise significant latitude and independence. - Often heads one or more departments.
- Establishes operational objectives and work plans, and delegates assignments to subordinates. - Senior management reviews objectives to determine success of operation.
- Establishes operating policies and procedures that affect departments and subordinate sections and work units. - Interprets company-wide policies and procedures.
- May involved in development of budgets, schedules and performance standards.
FREEDOM TO ACT:
- Assignments are objective oriented. - Work is reviewed in terms of meeting the organization's objectives and timelines.
- Decisions have an extended impact on work processes and outcomes. - Erroneous decisions result in critical delays and modifications to projects or operations; cause substantial expenditure of additional time, workforce, and funds; and jeopardize future business activity.
- CompTIA Security ce, required - ITIL, desired - MCSA, desired - VMWare Certified Professional, desired - 6 years of professional IT experience, with at least 2 years' experience administering and optimizing VMware products while supporting virtual servers and applications.
- Experience in optimizing VMware for utilization of SAN storage.
- A minimum of 2 years VMware enterprise level experience. Examples of enterprise experience may include: VMware HA or VMware Site Recovery Manager.
- Experience implementing VMware with EMC storage.
- ESX 5.5/6.0/6.5 (vSphere) experience.
- HP, Dell, IBM, Cisco UCS BLADE SERVER experience.
- Experience in migrating servers according to resource requirements
- Experience with ESXi, vSphere, and IDRAC updating
- Experience in configuring VMware clusters for ease of management, support of data bases, UNIX and Windows OS.
- Experience in designing VMware environments to scale to customer demands.
- Experience in Virtual Desktop Infrastructure environments
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more of related experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more of related experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more of related experience.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability