Sheppard Pratt Health System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Data Analyst/Coordinator - Data Management and Analysis
at Sheppard Pratt Health System
Data Management and Analysis
Bachelor's Degree preferred
As a Data Analyst/Coordinator you:
- Coordinate and provide data collection and analysis that results in visual information (clinical dashboards) and related reports to all health system service lines to aid in improving healthcare delivery.
- Train volunteers, interns, and temporary staff who help scan and enter data for a variety of projects and databases.
- Design and establish databases and data entry practices to meet special project needs.
- Take steps to assure the quality and integrity of data entry and reports.
- Serve as a resource to help clinical programs with analysis of data.
- Work with end users and Information Systems staff to update data collection modalities.
- High School Diploma/GED with varied computer software experience and 3-5 years of healthcare data collection and database experience. May substitute a Bachelor's degree in health information, statistics, or related area and 1-2 years of experience. Experience must include:
- Knowledge of information systems, software, and hardware maintenance;
- Experience with data collection and data capture from clinical data;
- Ability to coordinate and accurately document data collection procedures;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and prior experience working with databases.
- Must be comfortable learning and working with database software and hardware.
- Work requires analytical ability sufficient to participate in the design and modifications of research data base(s) or design databases independently (depending on project), plan and prioritize resources for scanning and data entry, and resolve questions regarding data entry and capture to insure integrity of data.
- Work requires interpersonal skills to interact effectively with patients and hospital staff in collecting data and to coordinate and oversee the work of volunteers and other staff assigned to assist on project(s).