Stanley Black & Decker
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Stanley Black & Decker
US - Corporate
State / Country / Province
Stanley Black & Decker – Company Profile
Stanley Black & Decker, an S&P 250 company, is a diversified global provider of hand tools, power tools and related accessories, mechanical access solutions and electronics security solutions, healthcare solutions, engineered fastening systems, and more.
We are the leader in tools and security. We are Stanley Tools. We are DEWALT. We are Mac Tools. We are Porter-Cable. And we are much more. We are the doors that protect you at airports. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency. No matter where you live, what car you drive, what stores you shop at, or what building you work in, you can bet that we had a hand in making it work. And you can guarantee that we’ll keep making it work.
The Value Accelerator (VA) team is a small, agile team driving business case assessment and value capture accountability for top Stanley Black & Decker (SBD) strategic initiatives such as Margin Resiliency, Data & Analytics and Industry 4.0. The VA Manager will focus on the identification of top value pools across each of SBD’s Strategic Initiatives, and partner with the businesses to prioritize the areas of impact, opportunity scope and delivery approach to be executed within the business.
- Develops analytical tools and performance metrics to use in value analysis
- Create custom business cases for our strategic initiatives, deriving trends and insights to scale a value framework across the organization
- Manages data from multiple sources
- Interprets data related to financial trends and economic/business forecast
- Gathers data and produces accurate and timely value analysis reports. Assists with research initiatives for solution design, develop project plans, and manage process for timely completion of goals.
- Develops quality initiatives and quality improvement direction for SBD’s dedicated Value Stream Teams
- Ensures that evaluated initiatives have reasonable plans in place to achieve stated strategic goals and objectives, and appropriate communication & change management plans are in place
- Work cross-functionally with SBD Corporate and Business Unit Leadership, Finance, Controllership, Operations, Product, and Marketing teams to establish a shared vision on how the Value Accelerator Team can help them achieve their strategic goals
- Experience creating a business case in complex environments
- Ability to establish credibility with an executive audience
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience developing quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Strong active listening skills
- Confidence based on rigorous preparation and forethought
- High degree of curiosity with emphasis on discovering how to evolve current thinking of 'value' generation
- Innovative mindset that is attuned to a digital business landscape
- Great verbal and written communication
- Strong process minded thinking, problem solvers/ solution oriented
- Thinkers and analyzers - the ability to engage with stakeholders to understand and respond to their needs in rapidly changing business environments
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability Experience with formal quality systems, such as Lean and Six Sigma
- Experience with enterprise application systems (e.g. JDE, SAP)
- Demonstrated ability to drive change and influence others
- Strong leadership skills that demonstrates the ability for innovative ideas and the confidence to promote or share as actionable insights
- Experience in implementing, delivering & executing process improvement projects
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Ability to work independently
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or Engineering degree from an accredited University or College
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.