Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Financial Analyst / Sr. Financial Analyst
Under supervisor’s direction, performs a variety of financial reporting and analysis activities for area of assigned responsibility. Records accounting transactions to properly reflecting the financial status. Reconciles and analyzes financial data and account balances to ensure the integrity of financial information relied upon by management and other financial analysts. Assists in the developing budgets and cost analysis. Identifies and solves problems of limited scope and complexity. Identifies improvements and assists with implementing change for assigned area of responsibility.
Steelcase provides employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job requirements.
- Planning & Organizing – Able to work independently, achieve defined goals and meet deadlines.
- Technical Skills - Proficient in PC skills and software such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word and SAP.
- Financial Analysis - Solid analytical skills. Able to perform financial evaluations and draw conclusions from financial/business data. Exercises technical/professional judgment.
- Technical Knowledge – Solid understanding of department system and procedures. Working knowledge of financial systems and procedures. Working knowledge of related corporate policies and procedures and applicable governmental rules and regulations. Solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and application for fairness and accuracy of reporting business/financial information
- Communication Skills- Clearly expresses thoughts, orally and in writing. Anticipates and responds to the needs of others when conveying information. Influences others positively and encourages their participation in discussion.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of one year experience in accounting/finance.