Stewart & Stevenson
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Printer Repair Technician
at Stewart & Stevenson
- Mt Laurel, NJ, USA
- Full Time
We have a fast-paced and exciting opportunity for you to be a "Customer Service Hero" as a Printer Technician in the South Jersey area!
It is important that our Printer Technicians do these 3 things well:
- Provide seriously outstanding service to our internal and external clients. It is imperative that their printers are working correctly, and that our clients receive top-notch service at all times. Additionally, we want every member of our team to be a positive force within Stewart, A Xerox Company.
- Willingness to learn on the job and on the fly! Stewart, A Xerox Company provides training by certified instructors, as well as, on-line and in-house training. Sometimes we even take apart printers only to put them back together!
- Focus on the key productivity objectives including 5 gross calls per day, efficiency rating of>50%, response time commitments between 4-6 hours, and parts costs per call of $37
We're Stewart, A Xerox Company. We help our clients save time, the environment, and financial resources by improving how they print, scan, and manage files. Does that sound boring? Well, consider this: a gallon of printer ink costs more than gasoline, milk, wine, and even human blood! Companies need reliability in our products and services to manage these costs, and as a Printer Technician, you're the hero that keeps things running smoothly. We should also mention that we think we're a great place to work. Here's what we're looking for in your background, to make sure this is a mutually great fit:
- Superior time management skills and RELIABILITY. Our customers are counting on you. If you're a "10 minutes early is on time, and on time is late" person, this is what we need! If you're an "always running behind, something's always coming up" person (and c'mon, you know who you are!), this role isn't the best fit for you.
- Electrifying skills of utilizing a multi-meter to troubleshoot complex electrical circuits, along with the ability to read and comprehend electrical schematics to properly troubleshoot systems.
- If you are detailed with your tools, you will have no issues maintaining and balancing a vast inventory of parts.
- There is nothing like information at your fingertips for troubleshooting! You will be utilizing a laptop and smartphone with industry specific software for daily service call tasks.
- You will be work within a designated geographical territory within Philadelphia, PA for all printer calls.
- Like to make sure paperwork is completed in an orderly and timely fashion? WE DO TOO!!
- Valid driver's license, appropriate insurance coverage, and a clean driving history. A Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) is included in our technician background check.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, stand and walk for extended periods of time, pull, lift, squat, reach, bend, and stoop to equipment, parts, and supplies. Again, this is an extremely active position that requires walking, standing, squatting, and bending for over 50% of the work day.
- Brownie points for A+, MCSE, or MCP certifications and familiarity with networking IT skills, including a firm grasp of IP networking and common IT protocols (SMB, FTP, SNMP, SMTP).
Do you have what it takes? Here's what success looks like in 30 days:
- You have completed new hire training, and you've built a solid foundation of knowledge of Stewart, A Xerox Company, our clients, and our customer service culture.
- You have established a thorough understanding your daily workload, including the energy and positive attitude that it will take to maintain client satisfaction.
- You have begun to deliver great customer service as you complete calls on printers, with the assistance of your direct manager.
- You have completed at least 50% of the technical training courses on the devices in your portfolio.
- You have maintained a functional parts and supplies stock to properly support the equipment within your territory
And Here's What Success Looks Like In 60 Days
- You've completed 100% of the training courses required to fully support the equipment assigned to you.
- You are actively and correctly completing service calls on printers independently, and earning high scores on client satisfaction surveys.
- You've completed your first stock audit with no variance.
- You're completing semi-monthly 1-1 meetings via with your direct manager to celebrate successes, address and resolve challenges, and discuss career development. And last but certainly not least, we offer great benefits, including:
- Full medical/dental/vision, wellness credits, and a company contribution to a Health Savings Account
- Paid Time Off plus 8 paid holidays
- 401(k) with generous match
- A company issued phone and laptop
- A company leased vehicle (includes gas, insurance and detailing) via payroll deduction
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer