Stock Building Supply
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Warehouse Material Handler - Flooring
at Stock Building Supply
Load, unload and stock material within yard and retrieve material from warehouse. Move freight, stock, and other
materials from warehouse to production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles.
• Read work order or follow oral instructions to ascertain materials to be moved.
• Load and unload material onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand and stock material within yard
and retrieve material from warehouse.
• Load materials into vehicles and install banding/strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in
• Moves freight, stock, and other materials from warehouse to production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles.
• Convey materials to or from storage to designated area, using hand truck, electric dolly, wheelbarrow, or other
• Count, weigh, and record number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet.
• Attach identifying tags or labels to materials or mark information on products, cases, or other containers.
• Stack or assemble materials into bundles and bands bundles together, using strapping/banding machine.
• Maintain yard/warehouse area.
• Keep materials and/or products stored or stacked properly on pallets, shelves, or stacks.
• Lift heavy objects by hand or using power hoist, and cleans work area, machines, and equipment, using broom,
rags, and cleaning compounds, to assist machine operators.
• Check customer orders prior to vehicle exiting yard. Checks material on vehicle against invoice.
• May assist drivers with job site deliveries.
• Demonstrate a commitment to the quality improvement process and the philosophy of continuous improvement;
identify and respond actively and with sensitivity to the needs of all customers; participate as a team player in all
phases of the organization; and is open and responsive to change.
• Personally provide customers with knowledgeable, courteous, and prompt service at all times.
• Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
• Adhere to the Company’s safety standards and enforce safety regulations.
• Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and in small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
- Ability to perform these operations using weight, measurement, volume, and distance.
- Must be able to read and interpret standard tape measure units.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed by uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must possess adequate product knowledge to be able to identify and process shipping and receiving documents for correct materials.
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and 1 year of related
experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.