Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Stratford University
- Job ID
- United States
Passion…Inspiration…Innovation…Do you live by those? If yes, read on...
The Librarian is responsible for the ongoing planning, supervision and management of the campus library and instructional resources, integrating these resources into all phases of the curriculum, and assisting students and faculty in the use of these resources.
Assist students and faculty in the use of the library collection, research materials, technology, and area resources
- Instruct students on a formal and informal basis in skills related to identifying and interpreting research information and communicating the content of research material in written and visual presentations
- Continually develop, evaluate and maintain the library collection to meet the needs of students and faculty
- Coordinate quarterly textbook distribution
- Oversee library assistants in providing customer service, shelving of books and inventorying materials
- Develop and maintain library publications, reports, and activities
- Attend meetings and workshops related to personal professional development and further development of the library
- Other duties as assigned
MLS - Master's degree in Library Science
Strong personal accountability and attention to detail orientation to meet daily, weekly, and quarterly assignments
- Able to complete tasks independently with a very high quality of performance
- High energy, outgoing personality and professional attitude
- Committed to quality service to students, faculty, and staff
- Understanding of inventory management and reconciliation of textbook orders
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong technology skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office programs
- Good knowledge of: research process and library procedures, computer skills, current copyright law, Library of Congress classification system, use of electronic database