Business Development Manager/Territory Manager
(individual contributor, account management, territory management)
This candidate can live anywhere in a metro area in the central or eastern part of the country, the preferred locations are CO, TX, NM, FL, MA, NJ, NY, MD, CT.
SnapNrack is a leading manufacturer of innovative solar mounting solutions designed to reduce installation costs, improve installation quality and safety, and make the job of solar installers easier.
The SnapNrack Business Development Manager (BDM) will build business relationships with PV integrators and Distributors to create demand for SnapNrack products within assigned sales. This position is responsible for attainment of assigned sales, revenue and gross margin targets.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for directly developing and closing new business with Distributors and PV integrators / Installers within assigned area.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding assigned sales, revenue and gross margin targets.
- Develop and execute on Sales Plan and strategy
- Create and present customer sales and product presentations.
- Provides product forecasts by customer/account to assist in planning and manufacturing.
- Develops business cases to support new business recommendations for new sales
- Coordinate cross functional departments/resources to ensure outstanding customer support
- Attend sales meetings remotely and in-person as required
- Ensure that the SnapNrack Director of Sales and Marketing is regularly and thoroughly updated on the status of current and anticipated competitive challenges and all active sales and partnering activities
- Maintain and submit weekly sales report to SnapNrack Director of Sales and Marketing
- Communicate all product line changes to customers, including pricing, new products, and obsolescence of products
- Train PV Integrators and work with channel account manager to train distributors on the SnapNrack product, including training of systems and functionality, product value proposition, product documentation and available tools and resources.
- Coordinate product forecasting exercises with installers and distributors, to ensure supply chain is in place to meet customer material needs.
Requirements (knowledge, skills, Education, Certifications and Experience)
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturer sales, preferably within the construction or PV products industry
- PV industry experience highly desirable.
- Solid knowledge of photovoltaic system construction highly desirable
- Sales experience selling through a distribution network is highly desirable
- Proven record of success in meeting sales targets and maintaining customer relationships
- Ability to set individual daily and weekly priorities
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, sales, or engineering
- Travel at least 40% of the time to train/participate in conferences and visit customers.
- Deep familiarity with MS Office productivity applications (Excel, PPT) as well as CRM
- Able to establish and maintain a productive home office environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability to effectively interact with all levels of an organization; including effective presentation skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Light lifting required (<50lbs)
Ability to climb on roofs occasionally for training of customers
|The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performance by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. SnapNrack is an at-will employer and this description is not intended to imply a guarantee of permanent employment. EOE. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.|