THE MARYLAND-NATIONAL CAPITAL PARK AND PLANNING COMMISSION
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Content Specialist - Term Contract (Grade 18, 14066)
at THE MARYLAND-NATIONAL CAPITAL PARK AND PLANNING COMMISSION
Do you thrive in meaningful and impactful work environments? If you answered yes, learn why our Content Specialist is the job for you!
Why Join Us?
The Montgomery County Planning Department of The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (M-NCCPC) has enjoyed a national reputation for excellence in planning and serves a culturally diverse population of nearly two-million people on the border of Washington, DC. As Maryland's most populous county, Montgomery County continues to attract an increasingly diverse and technologically savvy population. We at Montgomery Planning create great communities by developing master plans, reviewing applications for development and analyzing various information to help public officials plan for and improve our current and future generations quality of life. To learn more about us, visit www.montgomeryplanning.org.
- Examples of Important Duties
Are you an experienced, skilled writer and content producer? As the Content Specialist, you will interface seamlessly with our planning teams in order to create content that works across multiple platforms. Types of content typically needed include press releases, web pages, blog posts (ghostwriting), message/talking points, social media posts, email campaign copy. Assisting the Communications Manager and Digital Manager, you will develop content messaging to inform, educate and engage a variety of audiences about the Planning Department, master plans and other activities.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Creating written content using background materials, interviews, research and existing messaging
- Drafting engaging, audience-oriented copy that is on-brand and on-strategy
- Repurposing content for varying audiences
- Revising and leveraging content across multiple marketing communications channels
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in journalism, public relations, English, political science, marketing or related field; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A valid driver's license in accordance with both State and Commission rules and regulations. Driver's license must be unencumbered by restrictions, revocations, suspensions, or points that could limit the employee's ability to drive Commission vehicles or perform driving duties required of their position.
- Supplemental Information
Great news! We are moving to a LEED Platinum-rated building in the Summer of 2020. Check it out at www.montgomeryplanningboard.org/wheatonhq. Montgomery Planning is an element of the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC), an award winning, bi-county organization, and offers excellent benefits and competitive salaries. Transit subsidies are available. Generally, work is performed in an office environment but may occasionally require activity outside of the typical office setting.