UNION HOSPITAL DOVER
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ED TECH - ED
at UNION HOSPITAL DOVER
The ED Tech works under the direction of the professional Emergency Department nurse and physician. The ED Tech manages and prioritizes, with the guidance of the professional nurse and ED physician, multiple responsibilities related to assisting in the care and treatment of the Emergency Department patients. This individual actively participates in patient care routines, performs specified technical tasks, assists in documentation according to guidelines, respects patient’s rights/legal issues, acts as a liaison for patient and patient’s families/significant others, complies with safety measures and assists in responding to emergency situations. This individual also transcribes orders and communicates messages utilizing the order entry communication system. The ED Tech will be cross-trained to accomplish nurse assistant, unit clerk, transporter, EKGs and family liaison responsibilities within the department. This individual interacts and assists the RN in providing care for patients of all ages from infant to geriatrics. Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work inherent in the job.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Previous experience working in Emergency Department, EMS or Nurse Assistant experience preferred.
- Medical terminology knowledge preferred.
- Good typing skills with PC Data entry knowledge required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills/ability to work well with people projecting a positive image for the Hospital.
- Excellent communication, organizational and detail skills.
- Ability to remain calm and function well in stressful situations.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work.
- Ability to lift moderate weights.
- Knowledge and adherence to the Hospital’s I CARE Standards.