Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
JHU Dispatcher - Security Systems Specialist
at Allied Universal
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Security Officer
- Workdays Available
- Friday, Saturday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday
- Shifts Available
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. Allied Universal, North America’s leading security services provider, is experiencing tremendous growth. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401K, an anniversary bonus, and an on-the-spot recognition program.? We promote from within our company!?You can start with little, to no, security experience and become one of Allied Universal’s many success stories.
Allied Universaln Security Operations Center (SOC) dispatchers are very important to the safety and security of our client's facilities. Our SOC dispatchers allow us to accomplish our company’s core purpose, which is “To serve and secure the people and businesses of our community”. They are responsible for the safety and security of the facilities they protect.
The SOC Dispatcher will be a key contributor to the security operations team in the event of a crisis situation that would threaten the safe and secure business operations. This could include, but is not limited to: natural disasters, workplace violence, facility emergencies, fire and issues of serious injury or illness.
SOC Dispatchers perform many tasks throughout their shifts; these tasks may include answering phones, monitoring closed circuit television systems, alarms and other very important facility systems and interacting with our client’s facilities managers.
These positions require heavy use of computer operating systems, such as Microsoft and other operating systems.
SOC Dispatchers may be asked to perform many essential functions at the facility they work at, although not an exhaustive list, these are a few of them:
- Direct and coordinate security personnel and others in response to requests for emergency and miscellaneous security services;
- Monitor and respond to proprietary intrusion, environmental, and fire alarm systems;
- Monitor and respond to proprietary smart closed circuit television systems for events or activity that may require a Security response.
- Provide general assistance and information to Hopkins students, faculty, staff and visitors;
- Carry out administrative tasks as may be necessary for the operation of the Communications Center;
- Receive telephone and radio calls requesting emergency or non-emergency security related services and determine and dispatch the appropriate level of security response within Campus Safety and Security policy and guidelines;
- Coordinate responses of Campus Safety and Security, Facilities Management; Student Affairs and Hopkins Emergency Rescue Unit personnel;
- Monitor Baltimore Police Department transmission and activities and transmit pertinent information to University security personnel;
- Contact and direct Baltimore Police, Fire and Paramedics as may be necessary;
- Create and maintain manual and computerized reports, logs, records and data;
- Promulgate schedules of events and building access requirements.
- Serve as liaison for Student Health and Facilities Maintenance during non-business hours.
- Perform other such duties as may, from time to time, be necessary.
- SOC Dispatchers report safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances both verbally and in writing.
- Handle security issues or emergency situations appropriately. Contact Emergency Services, such as EMT, Fire Dept., etc.
- Fully embrace security/safety training programs to enhance their ability to advance in their careers.
- Participate in industry specific security/safety training programs to offer our clients the best trained dispatchers at their sites.
- Be aware of and familiar with the site-specific operations performance manual and post orders.
- You may be required to take additional certification training, such as becoming certified in MS Products such as Word, Excel, PPT, etc.
- The SOC Dispatcher will be responsible for the effective and efficient processing of all information relevant to the security operations business. This will include, but is not limited to: effective distribution of all phone calls received, effective distribution of all information received via electronic means (email, intranet, automated service requests, etc.), allocation and assignment of information to the appropriate department or individual and effective documentation of information received and processed.
Two years related experience including familiarity with communication technology and call-taking techniques. Additional education may be considered for some work experience.
Special knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Must possess excellent people skills and an ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing. Must be able to speak clearly and understandably in telephone and radio communications. Must be able to function effectively in a highly-charged work environment under stressful emergency conditions. Must be familiar with Microsoft Windows computer environment.
Technical qualifications or specialized certifications:
Knowledge of Microsoft Office components is desirable
Any specific physical requirements for the job:
Must be able to function effectively for extended periods in a seated position with periodic short breaks provided. Must have unrestricted use of both hands. Must possess full hearing capabilities. Must have binocular vision, corrected to a minimum of 20/40 in both eyes.
ntract security, military or law enforcement experience is beneficial
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills required.
- A minimum of 2 years’ dispatch and customer service experience with security operations center environment experience preferred.
- Must possess strong computer skills and demonstrate the ability to effectively operate and manage security tools and processes. Systems include, but are not limited to: security access control, CCTV & alarm systems, email, intranet systems and complex communication device systems.
- Must possess strong communication skills in both the written and verbal format, in all delivery formats (i.e. in person, via telephone, via radio, etc.).
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment with the ability to work independently.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older as required by applicable law or contractual requirements.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED, or at least 5 years of verifiable employment history.
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard.
- Neat and professional appearance.
- Friendly and professional demeanor.
- Ability to providing quality customer service.
- Ability to handle typical and crisis situations efficiently and effectively at client site.
About Allied Universal Security Services
Allied Universal Security Services is the industry’s premier provider of security personnel to many industries including commercial real estate, higher education, healthcare, chemical/petrochemical, government, manufacturing and distribution, financial institutions, shopping centers and residential communities. More than 60,000 employees and 120 offices serve thousands of clients with levels of protection that anticipate needs and build enduring relationships. Allied Universal is known as the most responsive security services provider and it is our people that differentiates us. Recognized as a training leader, Allied Universal offers on-the-job, web-based and ongoing training programs for all personnel from security officers through executive level management. Our focus on learning and development and our leadership culture help our employees grow personally and professionally.
For additional information, please visit our website at www.aus.com..
Allied Universal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran.