Van Andel Institute
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sponsored Research Analyst
at Van Andel Institute
Sponsored Research Analyst
The Van Andel Institute (VAI) is a nonprofit biomedical research and science education institute located in the heart of Grand Rapids, MI’s vibrant Medical Mile. Our mission is to improve the health and enhance the lives of current and future generations through disease research and science education. Be a part of the day-to-day victories and the long-term successes. Join our team, and make the world better, one discovery at a time.
VAI is currently hiring a sponsored research administrator (VAI title is: Sponsored Research Analyst). In this position, you will join the Office of Sponsored Research team where you will be responsible for providing cradle-to-grave administration of a complex sponsored research portfolio for interdisciplinary researchers and labs.
Your key responsibilities:
- Serve as the initial point-of-contact for assigned investigators and labs on all sponsored project related matters
- Work closely with investigators to develop and prepare budget and administrative sections of proposals, and review awards and other agreements for compliance issues
- Process actions related to proposal submission and award activity to ensure accurate and timely administration of sponsored projects, and that actions are consistent with applicable laws, regulations, sponsor requirements and Institute policies and procedures
- Partner with sponsors to facilitate the exchange of information and resolve problems
- Manage project subawards as needed
- Assist investigators with the identification of external funding sources for sponsored research activities
You should possess the following characteristics/traits:
- Outstanding customer support, poise, tact and diplomacy
- Meticulously detail-oriented and highly organized
- Capable of working independently and a commitment to being part of a team
- Flexible and adaptable in a continuously evolving operational environment
- Eager to continue growing, learning and developing professionally
To be a successful member of our team, we will measure performance in the following areas:
- Customer satisfaction and collaboration – you embrace a philosophy that everyone is a customer, including peers and teammates
- Initiative and ownership – you are a self-starter and are responsible for the quality and accuracy of your work
- Problem solving and resourcefulness – you demonstrate creative critical thinking and exercise good judgement and intuition
- Timeliness – you thrive in a deadline-driven environment
The experience/skills you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 3+ years experience in sponsored research administration or a related business field with preference for experience in an academic or biomedical research environment
- Working knowledge of the Uniform Guidance, Federal Acquisition Regulations, NIH policies and procedures, and other regulations governing sponsored project administration
- Experience with a complex regulatory environment and the ability to research and distill specialized information
- Subrecipient monitoring on sponsored projects
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
What you’ll like most about working at Van Andel Institute:
- Your work will make a difference in the future of human health and science education
- You will be surrounded by driven, hardworking scientists and professionals
- New opportunities and challenges are always arising
- The Institute and department offer several fun, team-building events, creating a community
- The opportunity to learn new perspectives and share yours in a diverse, collaborative environment
Compensation and Benefits
All full-time employees of Van Andel Institute are eligible for benefits, effective day one! The competitive salary you can expect as a Sponsored Research Analyst is based on your experience and skills.
Your next steps
This is just a quick preview of the role. If you are a person who has demonstrated success in these areas, we would love to have a conversation with you! The first step in beginning this conversation is starting your application.
In addition to your resume, please provide a cover letter outlining why you are interested in this role and how this position aligns with your goals.