Western Technical College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Adjunct Instructor- Nursing Assistant
at Western Technical College
- Position Summary
- Western Technical College is a preferred employer in the 7 Rivers Region. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about helping others learn and are dedicated to serving students. If you are a motivated individual who can contribute to excellence in teaching and learning, please consider this employment opportunity at Western.
Summary of Position: Instructors are responsible for providing quality academic curriculum, instruction, assessment, and for ensuring a productive and challenging learning experience is delivered to prepare students for the workplace and/or a pathway to further education.
- Essential Functions
1. Maintain and uphold the College values of Learning, Excellence, Accountability, Diversity, Student Success, Teamwork, Integrity, and Respect.
2. Instruction - Supporting Actions May Include:
•Deliver courses in multiple modes of delivery including modern classroom (F2F) and online or hybrid/blended.
•Develop and deliver instructional design activities
•Address and refer student concerns
•Guide and support students on one-to-one basis outside the classroom as well as in classroom setting
•Assist students in developing critical thinking skills to understand/apply concepts of subject matter to vocational, ethical, social, and personal practices
3. Classroom Management - Supporting Actions May Include:
•Monitor student progress and conduct student evaluation
•Provide input and/or maintain division accreditation and student records
•Integrate the college core abilities, program outcomes and course competencies
4. Program Development and Academic Leadership - Supporting Actions May Include:
•Responsible for instructional learning activities
•Provide academic referrals as appropriate
•Organize, develop, and deliver outcomes-based curriculum and assess student learning
5. Complete all required College training and responsible for maintaining the skills necessary to complete the essential functions of the position as defined by the department.
6. Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Occupational Requirements:
- Associate Degree in Nursing plus 3.5 yrs (7,000 hrs) verifiable occupational experience as a Registered Nurse OR
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing plus 2 yrs (4,000 hrs) verifiable occupational experience.
- At least one year (2,000 hrs) RN occupational experience in long term care (per Dept of Health Services regulations) is required for this position.
- A minimum of 2 years of nursing practice preferable within the last 5 years.
- Must hold current RN license in WI.
- Caregiver background check results acceptable to clinical sites.
- Must meet eligibility for instructor approval by DHS, must complete the "DHS train the trainer" course.
- Teaching experience preferred and willingness to learn MS Word and PowerPoint is essential.
- Must be certified in Healthcare provider BLS CPR within 2 months of hire.
Candidate must possess understanding and appreciation of the role and the values of the nursing assistant in long term care. Ability to communicate effectively on a one-to-one basis or in a small group settings with students, faculty, employees and administrators. Coordinate and manage clinical assignments and instructional delivery. Must be willing to work with a diverse student population. Teaching experience preferred and willingness to learn MS Word and PowerPoint are essential. American Heart Association Basic Life Support CPR certification required by date of first clinical. Completion of the "Train the Trainer" course required by start date, unless have approved teaching experience or education degree.
- Special Instructions/About Western
- This position reports to: Associate Dean- Health and Public SafetyApplicant review will begin: 2/01/2018Start Date of: Summer 2018Copies of Transcripts from regionally accredited colleges or universities are acceptable during the application process (originals will be required upon hire)Western is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Our mission is to provide relevant, high quality education in a collaborative and sustainable environment that changes the lives of students and grows our communities.An Equal Opportunity/Access/Employer And Educator
Western Technical College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. Reasonable accommodation will be provided in the job application process to enable a qualified applicant to have an equal opportunity to be considered for a job as is provided to all Western employees. If you want to request an accommodation please contact the EEO/AA Compliance Officer at (608)785-9274.