Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Wolverine Worldwide
- Retail Merch-Planning & Allocation
- Job Function
- Min. Exp.(Yrs)
- Full Time
Merrell believes nothing should get in the way of enjoying active outdoor adventures. Merrell hiking boots, trail running shoes and apparel are built on Merrell’s outdoor heritage, quality and performance. The trail is the core of our design philosophy and has continued to guide us in the development of innovative products that inspire and enable enjoyment of the outdoors.
The Visual Merchandiser participates in the design, planning and execution of visual direction for all Merrell retail concepts. Collaborate with various partners to ensure creative and messaging is ‘on brand’ at all levels of retail presentation. Execute against a yearly calendar of window presentation; collaborate with cross functional teams to produce and deliver window presentations; develop and manage a process to provide materials, tools, and direction for implementation. Collaborate with Brand and eCommerce team to execute store messaging in support of a defined calendar, maintaining customers, driving traffic and meeting sales goals. Strategize to scale Brand messaging and merchandising appropriate to store type and capacity. Provide store opening teams with comprehensive presentation direction.
Works directly with the Merrell brand team and Retail merchants to know product features/benefits, assortment direction, product stories, and business focus for the presentation in stores.
Works directly with brand marketing departments to extract brand imaging and DNA to create visual direction to stores.
Ensures on-going marketing initiatives are reflected in store visual direction; prepares promotions and highlights, directs window and feature changes, promotes using brand identifiers.
Creates visual floor/window sets and provides direction to company owned stores.
Details special needs and facilitates the creation of direction, resources and/or materials to achieve visual effects that support the brand images at retail.
Works directly with retail merchants to maximize space and sales productivity in merchandise presentation.
Meet budgets; track and report on costs for all presentation calendar deliverables.
Develops working relationships and builds a network of professional contacts and resources and leads production and implementation to ensure consistency in execution.
Work directly with retail creative team to design and plan marketing, signage, and presentation materials; presents this creative to Supervisor for approval.
Monitor and track progress and process for all retail store presentation calendar deliverables.
Works with merchants and analysts to understand impact of window presentation to drive traffic; track and report on results.
Performs duties consistent with the company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- College Degree Preferred.
- 4+ years Visual Retail Merchandising, store design – preferably in a fast-paced retail organization
- Brick and mortar visual presentation experience
- Previous experience in large, cross-functional organizations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, problem-solving initiatives, decision-making, prioritization, and organization skills.
- Computer skills with proficiency in MAC, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Adobe Illustrator, and Photoshop products
- Understands floor plans and construction documents.
- CAD or other space/visual planning software experience preferred.
- Retail Store Experience – either working directly in stores or in stores through a visual merchandising role.
- Creative / Creative Visionary.
- Fashion Visual Merchandising Skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills.
- Risk Taker.
- Facilitation Skills.
- Focused experience in achieving quality work under intense deadlines
- Leadership through influence
- Proven track record in planning & managing execution of plans.
Office and retail store environment. Some travel required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).